Rainforest Honey is said to smooth fine lines
on the face, neck and hands while tightening the skin. Used twice a day for 20
minutes, it is also said to be twice as good as normal moisturisers at reducing
stretch marks, and for preventing sunburnt skin from peeling.
What the press are saying
Express : “Active Chilean Rainforest Honey can smooth the fine lines on your face, neck and hands while tightening the skin. Sales in America have increased by 400% since April. Boots and other health food stores say they are expecting an ‘unprecedented rush’ on sales in the coming weeks”
The Daily Mail : “Active Chilean Rainforest Honey used twice a day for 20 minutes will help smooth the fine lines on your skin, it is also said to be twice as good as normal moisturisers at reducing stretch marks, and for preventing sunburnt skin from peeling.”
What is Rainforest Honey from Chile?
Rainforest Honey is a unpasteurised raw blend of honey using nectar from the native trees of Chile – Quillay (Quillaja saponaria), Ulmo (Eucryphia cordifolia) and Tineo (Weinmannia trichosperma). Rainforest Honey is free from pesticides and has no GM ingredients because it is made from untreated hives. Because of this Rainforest Honey maintains a very high level of active enzymes because it is raw and unpasteurised.
Rainforest Honey Activity levels explained
Rainforest Honey is tested using the Total Activity (TA) scale and comes in the following strengths; Rainforest Honey Active 10+, Rainforest Honey Active 20+, Rainforest Honey Active 30+, Rainforest Honey Active 40+.
The honey comes in two sizes 227g and 454g, both sizes are in glass jars.
Clinical Research on Rainforest Honey
Recent laboratory tests* conducted by the Applied Science team at the Institute of Technology in Sligo Ireland, have identified that:
- Rainforest Honey from The Active Honey Company had strong anti-bacterial activity against 5 of the most common isolates of MRSA unlike any other Active Honey they had tested.
- Rainforest Honey inhibits the growth of other serious infections that is communicable on the skin including strains of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, E.coli and Pseudomonas Aeruginosa.
- Rainforest Honey has strong anti-viral and antifungal properties.
- Rainforest Honey is beneficial to wound healing because of the slow release of its Hydrogen Peroxide properties when applied directly to the skin.
- Peroxide tests conducted in the same study shows that after 10 days the Rainforest Honey still delivers strong levels of anti-microbial action.
In conclusion, the research from the Institute of Technology in Sligo, indicates that Rainforest Honey is considered to be the best anti-microbial honey because of its ability to produce the anti-microbial agent, hydrogen peroxide.
* Comparison of the antimicrobial activity of Ulmo honey from Chile and Manuka Honey against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli (E.coli) and Pseudomonas Aeruginosa – BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2010.